CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020-21 – Check CDS Detailed Syllabus and Exam Pattern Here
CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020-21: CDS Syllabus is discussed in the article. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts “Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination twice a year for recruiting candidates for the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification is usually released in the months of October/ November and June/ July, and the examination is generally conducted in February and November respectively.
Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board ( SSB ). To clear the examination, first, you need is the complete information of the pattern, syllabus and previous year exam analysis so that it would become easy for you to analyse the examination and to prepare a strategy further.
CDS Exam 2020-21: Overview
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Number of sections||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA) – Three|
Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) – Two
|Total marks of the test||IMA, INA and AFA – 300|
OTA – 200
|Nature of questions||Objective type|
|Language of question paper||Hindi and English|
|Duration of the test||2 hours for each section of test|
Official Website – Click Here
CDS Exam 2020-21: Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, AFA
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
CDS Exam 2020-21: Exam Pattern for OTA
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
CDS Exam 2020-21: Marking Scheme
CDS Exam Syllabus 2020: Subject-Wise Syllabus
Candidates can check the UPSC CDS Syllabus in the table given below.
CDS Exam Important Instructions
- Write only in Black ballpoint pen, your Centre and subject followed by the CDS 2021 test booklet series (in bracket), subject code and the exam roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top.
- Encode your CDS 2021 booklet series (A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
- In case the CDS booklet series is not printed on the test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered then candidates should report immediately to the invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the CDS 2021 OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to the Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- Immediately after the commencement of the CDS 2021 please check that the test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information asked for, on the CDS answer sheet/test booklet/sheet for rough work.
- Do not fold or damage or put any extraneous marking over the CDS Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.
CDS Exam 2020-21: FAQs
Q 1. How many stages CDS exam have?
Ans. There are only two stages, written exam and SSB exam
Q 2. Does CDS OTA and CDS IMA have different exam?
Ans. Yes, OTA and IMA have different exam with different sections.
Q 3. Is there any negative marking in the CDS?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking in prelims of 1/3 marks.
Q 4. How many sections CDS IMA paper have?
Ans. There are 3 sections in CDS IMA paper.
Q 5. How many sections CDS OTA paper have?
Ans. There are only 2 sections in CDS OTA paper.
Other Jobs You might Like:
- CDIT Recruitment 2020 Notification for 23 Technical Writer, JAVA Developer and Other Posts, Apply Online
- RPSC Recruitment 2020 Notification Released for 33 Yoga & Prakritik Chikitsa Adhikari Posts, Apply from 5 Nov
- NIT Jalandhar Recruitment 2020 Vacancy for Technical Assistant, Technician and Other Posts, Apply Online —
- NRTI Recruitment 2020: Notification Released for 39 Teaching & Non- Teaching Posts, Apply Online
- YSRAHCT Recruitment 2020: Apply for 71 Aarogya Mithra Posts, Download Notification, Check Details Here